Q. What is a “NWCO” or “WCO?”
A. “NWCO” stands for Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator. “WCO” stands for Wildlife Control Operator. Both titles equate to a service industry entity that controls and/or manages wildlife or other vertebrate species. A WCO might be licensed to perform invertebrate (“bug”) work, but his/her main occupation is wildlife management and control. WCOs are generally self-employed businessmen of the private sector.

Q. What is an “ACO?”
A. “ACO” stands for Animal Control Officer. Persons of this title are generally involved with the management and control of domestic animals, such as dogs and cats. ACOs are usually employed by government agencies.

Q. What is a “PCO?”
A. “PCO” stands for Pest Control Operator. PCOs generally concentrate on invertebrate species management and control (spiders, termites, ants, cockroaches, etc.). Some PCOs also perform wildlife control work. PCOs are generally self-employed businessmen of the private sector.

Q. What is “NWCOA?”
A. NWCOA stands for the National Wildlife Control Operators Association. NWCOA is a trade association representing WCOs across the nation.

Justice Wildlife Removal Services related FAQ:

Q. Do you provide your services for free?
A. No. We are a private wildlife control business. We are not funded by public tax money.

Q. Are you a state or federal agency?
A. No. See above question and answer.

Q. What are your fees?
A. Service fees vary greatly depending on the task at hand. Please call us and we will do our best to offer a figure over the phone. If the situation requires us to visit the site before offering a quote, we will tell you this during the initial call.

Q. Do you trap and get rid of exotic species? We have pigeons and rats that we need to have trapped and removed.
A. Yes. We trap and remove exotic species such as pigeons, rats and other exotic, invasive snakes and animals.

Q. Is this an animal rescue group? Do you take in sick, abandoned or injured wildlife and animals?
A. No. We can sometimes transport injured, sick, abandoned or displaced wildlife and animals in need of help to the proper facility, but we do charge a fee.

Q. My dog (or cat) is lost. Can we report this to you?
A. You should report lost dogs and cats to your county animal control facility.

Q. We have a stray dog running loose in our area. Can you remove it?
A. Stray dogs should be reported to county animal control. If the situation involves an emergency, we might be able to help. We do charge a fee for dog removal and transport.

Q. I’d like to report a case of animal abuse. Am I calling the right place?
A. No. Reports of animal abuse and wildlife violations should be reported to your local county animal control facility.

Q. Do you trap and remove stray cats?
A. Yes. Please call us for more information.

Q. My dog (or cat) has escaped and won’t come back into the house. Can we hire you to catch it?
A. Yes. We have performed many such captures.

Q. I just need some information on how to control some problem animals on my own. Can you help me?
A. For free consultation regarding do-it-yourself work, try contacting the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, or other wildlife related government agencies.

Q. Do you offer consultation services?
A. Yes. Please call us and we will gladly discuss the situation at hand.

Q. Are you licensed by the state?
A. Yes. We are licensed by the Florida Wildlife Commission.

Q. Do you get rid of ants, spiders, scorpions, bugs and termites?
A. No. We handle nuisance wildlife. Please call a Pest Control Operator for the control of invertebrate species.

Q. Some companies will trap and remove rats and squirrels, but do not clean up the mess they have made. Do you remove rat and squirrel nests and the mess they have made in my house and on my property?
A. Yes. We will remove your problem rodents and nests, and seal off any entry points they were using.

Q. Do you control problem birds?
A. Yes. Managing and controlling problem birds is one of our specialties.

Q. Is there anything you can do to help us get rid of the bats roosting above our porch, in the garage and in our home? We do not want them harmed.
A. Yes. We specialize in bat removal and keeping bats from roosting in and entering undesirable places. No bats are harmed during the process of removing bats from your home and property.

Q. We have something trapped in our attic/stove vent/fireplace. Can you get it out?
A: More than likely, yes. We commonly remove birds, rats, squirrels, raccoons and other animals from attics, crawlspaces, stove vents, fireplaces and other locations in homes, garages and sheds.

Q. Do you remove skunks and raccoons?
A. Yes. We remove skunks and raccoons from homes, sheds, garages, gardens and anywhere that they are causing a problem.

Q. Do you remove snakes and provide site inspections for the prevention of snake presence? Can you teach my dog to avoid snakes, rattlesnakes and dangerous river toads?
A. Yes. We provide snake removal and control and also provide snake avoidance and toad avoidance classes for dogs.

Q. Who do I call if someone has been bitten by a snake?
A. Call 911.

Q. Do you trap coyotes and bobcats in town? They have been killing and eating my pets and hanging around.
A. Yes. We offer predator control in town. Please call us and explain the situation. There is always a way to prevent coyotes, bobcats and foxes from killing dogs, cats, birds and other animals of value.

Q. Do you remove dead animals from walls, attics, etc?
A. Yes. We can usually find and remove dead animals from inside structures.

Q. Can you pick up a dead animal from my yard or inside the house?
A. Yes. We offer dead animal removal and disposal services.

Q. Do you have anything to get rid of the smell from dead animals and skunks?
A. Yes. Please call us regarding the specifics of your odor removal needs.

Q. What are your hours? Can we call you on weekends and holidays?
A. We keep no set schedule of hours. Please feel free to call us anytime.